Considering the effects of Hepatitis B, we need to pay attention to how best we can avoid or protect ourselves from it.
Let us review some things we can do to help us stay protected from this silent killer—Hepatitis B.
Take note: Hepatitis B infection is not curable. It is better to protect yourself from getting infected.
Ways to prevent yourself from getting infected:
- Get screened for the virus to know your status.
- If the report comes out negative, vaccinate. Vaccination of Hepatitis B is in 3 doses. Completion of all 3 doses will protect you for 20 years or more.
- Limit your sexual partners or use a condom every time you have sex.
- Cover all open cuts or wounds.
- Do not share razors, toothbrushes, nail cutters, or earrings with anyone.
- Be certain that any needles used for earrings, tattoos, manicures, and pedicures are properly sterilized.
- Whenever there is a spill of blood in the house, use household bleach to clean it up.